Over the past few years, businesses across the globe have changed dramatically as a response to globalization. Companies are using modern technology to connect with their global offices, work remotely or conduct meetings with clients. So what exactly is video conferencing and how can your business benefit from it?
What is Video Conferencing?
It’s a live-based visual connection between two or more people residing in different locations using video-enabled devices. Video conferencing allows multiple people to have a face-to-face meeting, featuring video and audio content transmission in real-time. It’s easy to use video conferencing and you can enjoy the benefits straight away. Additionally, video conferencing offers more than just face-to-face meetings. It allows users to share their screens, exchange files, remotely access each other’s desktop and even broadcast conferences to a larger number of passive viewers.
Top 5 Business Benefits of Video Conferencing
There are countless opportunities for businesses in this front. The main advantage is that the users can see each other, and increase the effectiveness of an online session. Here are the tops 5 benefits video conferencing offers to any business.
- Improves productivity: Need a quick answer or help with a task? Instead of sending an email and waiting hours or days for a response, set up a quick video call and discuss it face-to-face. You can use the screen share function to help them understand the problem. Problems can be resolved faster and you can develop services for your customers more quickly, which leads you to a competitive edge for your company.
- Reduced travel time and costs: It helps businesses to reduce travel time and expenses which allows employees to have a client meeting or to solve an issue without even leaving their office. This in turn also helps to drive up business productivity.
- Increases employee retention: Work-life balance is very important for employees. Video conferencing creates mobility and flexibility, which allows employees to have control over their workdays, which leads to improved retention. It also helps remote workers to feel more connected when they can connect face-to-face with their colleagues regularly.
- It’s more engaging: People in audio conferences tend to zone out or multitask during the call because they feel disconnected from the other participants. However, with face-to-face video calls, there is pressure to maintain virtual eye contact and to engage in the conversation.
- Connects teams: As companies are expanding globally, teams are becoming geographically separated. Permanent employees or freelancers are often working from home or other continents, or are on the road for business purposes. The distance doesn’t matter anymore, with video conferencing, you can easily bring your team together to discuss business-related matters, or just for a check-up with them.
When you consider the combination of all these advantages, it clearly shows that video conferencing provides a strong competitive advantage for your business. With lower costs and more productive meetings, your employees can be more efficient at work.
What do you need for video conference calls?
There are only a few things that you need to be able to hold a video conference. You probably already have them now!
- Microphone & camera
The basic equipment which is necessary to transmit your video and audio to other participants of the call is a camera and microphone. Most laptops, tablets, and phones already have these features built-in, which makes it easier for you. High-end mobile devices might have higher quality cameras than most laptops.
- A device with a strong internet connection
Any device that can connect to the internet should be able to do a video call. The best devices to use? Smartphones, laptops, desktops or tablets. For good call quality, you must have a strong internet connection. Broadband internet or Wifi are excellent options for video conferencing connections. Enterprises with bigger employee counts and further geographical distances might want to upgrade their internet connection to dedicated internet, MPLS or SD-WAN type of connectivity for better quality and safer connections.
- Choosing the right video conferencing service
The COVID-19 crisis will have a lasting impact on how businesses work remotely. Suddenly we find ourselves staying inside and work from home. Connectivity, combined with the right cloud-based or on-premise solutions can give your employees the freedom and flexibility to work from home or anywhere in the world at any time needed.
Staying connected with your team and business partners are the most important for any business. The success of your video conferences depends not just on your high-quality video connections or audio, but also on picking the right video-conferencing provider. Whether you have a small business, federal or a local government, a school, a hospital or one of the world’s largest enterprises, IX Telecom is here for you to provide the best solutions for your business.
With the recent COVID-19 escalation, the demand for teleconferencing has shot up. From the reduced time travel and costs, increased employee productivity to improved communication between team members, video conferencing can offer much more to your business. It is definitely an advantage to incorporate it into any business. It can open new doors for your business by allowing you to reach a wider audience, and help you better connect with your employees and clients.
Learn more about IX Telecom products and solutions related to video conferencing. We can introduce you to a lot of options! Get in touch with us to explore your remote options and how we can help! Our team is ready to offer the best solution that will meet your organization’s needs.